Purpose of Visit: This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 10 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 5 years each time (total 10 years). Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)
- Applicants must be nationals and passport holders of eligible countries, namely; Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada and United States.
- Applicant must have a bank deposit of no less than 3 million baht in Thailand or a bank deposit of no less than 1.8 million baht and annual income of no less than 1.2 million baht. Such amount must be maintained in bank deposit in full for at least one year, and keep at no less than 1.5 million baht thereafter.
- Applicant must have a Thai health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht
- Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
- Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality and residence.
- Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
Validity of a visa multiple entries, with validity of visa of 5 years
Period of stay Travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period of 5 years each time (total 10 years)
Apply for Non-Immigration Visa Category “O-X”
Required Documents: (Required 3 sets: 1 original and 2 copies)
- Your Passport and one copy of your Passport (Passport must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page)
- Visa application form completely filled out (download)(With three photo’s passport-size photographs (2″x2″). Photographs must have a light color background with a full- face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses. Photos must be taken within 6 months.)
- Addition Application form (download)
- A copy of bank statement (from Thailand financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 3 Million Baht, Please note that such minimum amount must be maintained at least 1 year after receiving the
visa or A copy of bank statement (from financial institutes located in Thailand only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 1.8 Million Baht and proof of annual incomes of not less than 1.2 Million Baht (Once the applicants enter Thailand, they must have accumulated money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand not less than 3 million Baht within 1 year.)
- Criminal record issued by the country of nationality or residence (verification shall not be older than three months and notarized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar or applicant’s diplomatic/consular mission).
- A medical certificate showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) certificate shall be valid for not more than three months (download)
- Health insurance plan as listed on website http://longstay.tgia.org. Coverage requirements for outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht.
- Visa processing Fee of QR 1,500 for multiple entries per application (CASH ONLY) *** The fee is not refundable in any cases***
- In case of accompanying spouse, a marriage certificate must be provided as evidence including items number1-8
- In case of accompanying legal child/adoption child (who are under 20 years old), A birth certificate/adoption order must be provided as evidence including items number 1-3, 7 and 8In the case where spouse and legal child/adoption child are not eligible to apply for the Category ‘O-X’ (Long Stay) visa, he or she would apply for Category ‘O’ or “O-A”(Long stay) or “ED” (for child) visa.
- Copy of applicant’s airline tickets showing flight to Thailand.
Other Useful Information
- Benefits of the Non-O-X visa holders
- Can work as a volunteer (in accordance with the list of volunteer work as stipulated by the Department of Employment).
- Can purchase vehicle (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
- Can purchase condominium (proceed in accordance with the Condominium Act).
- Foreigners who enter Thailand with other type of Visa/Visa Exemption may contact the Immigration Bureau and apply for Non-O-X visa.
- Foreigners who enter Thailand with Non-O-X visa may change from Non-O-X to other type of Visa by submitting request to the Immigration Bureau. Spouse and child’s visa approval will be changed according to status of the main applicant. However, spouse can apply for Non-O-X by himself/ herself if he/she meets the qualifications.
- Spouse/child who does not qualify for Non-O-X visa may apply for other type of non-immigrant visa in order to stay in Thailand with the Non-O-X visa holder.
- Upon the completion of 90 days stay period in Thailand, foreigners must notify the Immigration Bureau of their residence in Thailand and shall repeat at every 90 days interval.
- Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents.
- Stay permit of the Non-O-X visa holders may be revoked due to following conditions:
- Foreigners do not have financial evidence as per stipulated by above qualifications such as:
- The sum of money in the bank account is less than 3 million Baht at the end of the first year of stay period in Thailand.
- The sum of money in the bank account is less than 1.5 million Baht at the end of the second year of stay
period in Thailand, and/or the money in said account was spent outside Thailand.
- Foreigners do not have insurance as per stipulated by above qualifications.
- Foreigners pose threat to peace and security of Thailand.
- Foreigners work without permission.