****From 31 October 2019, Applicants for a Long Stay “O-A” Visa (One Year Validity) to the Kingdom of Thailand must have a health insurance policy that will cover them for the entire duration of their stay in Thailand.
The health insurance policy which covers general treatment and COVID-19 treatment in Thailand must have coverage of at least USD 100,000 or THB 3,000,000. The Applicant may choose to apply for the health insurance policy from a Thai company (the list can be found at http://longstay.tgia.org) or a non-Thai company. *****
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application)
- Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979)
- Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence
- Having the nationality of or residence in the country where application is submitted
- Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535
**Working hours during Ramandan Holy Month will be different
- 3 Completed "TYPE ONLY" Visa Application Forms (Download)
- Additional Application Form (Download)
- Passport valid for at least 18 months from expected date of travel
- Three recent passport sized photos
- A proof of residence Document in Qatar is required.
- A personal data form or full curriculum vitae
- A copy of bank statement in the past 6 months showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht, in the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.
- Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner
- Criminal record issued by the country of nationality or residence (verification shall not be older than three months and notarized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Qatar or applicant’s diplomatic/consular mission).
- Medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases (the certificate shall not be older than three months). (Medical Certificate can be downloaded here)
- Photocopy of airline booking or Travel Itinerary (The name of the applicant must clearly indicated.)
- In case applicant wishes to bring along spouse but the spouse is not qualified for the “O-A” visa, a marriage certificate shall also be presented and notarized by notary organs or the applicant’s diplomatic/consular mission. (Spouse will be considered for temporary stay under category “O”).
The applicants must submit the following:
- Health insurance policy documentissued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above: The health insurance policy which covers general treatment and COVID-19 treatment in Thailand must have coverage of at least USD 100,000 or THB 3,000,000. The Applicant may choose to apply for the health insurance policy from a Thai company (the list can be found at http://longstay.tgia.org) or a non-Thai company.
(a) In case of a foreign insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy document with 2 copies;
(b) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org
- Foreign Insurance Certificateas stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form
Validity of Visa
Visa must be utilized within 3 months from date of issue. It is one year multiple entry visa.
Period of Stay
Permission to stay will be granted by Thai immigration checkpoints upon arrival in the Kingdom.
Extension of stay may be granted as long as the applicant meets the above requirements.
QR 750 (non refundable). Payment by cash only.
- The Royal Thai Embassy reserves the rights to request for other additional documents, depending on the type of Non-Immigrant Visa.
- The document to be submitted for non-immigrant visa application is contingent upon necessities and appropriateness of purposes stated in the application form.
- Applicant from the Specified Passport Holderswho do not have home/ residence country in Qatar is advised to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa only at the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Royal Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.