Special Tourist Visa (STV)
Visa Application Time: 09.00 - 12.00 am. ONLY
Official Days: Sunday - Thursday (except Embassy’s official holiday here)
Releasing of Approved Visa: 2.00 - 3.00 pm. (Official Days: Sunday - Thursday)
Duration of Visa Process: At least 2 working days (The Embassy WILL NOT issue visa within the same day of receiving your visa application forms and documents)
- Eligible applicants in Qatar: Qatari Nationals OR Residents Permit Holders currently residing in Qatar and their spouse, child or children (age under 20 years old)
- Travel to Thailand for the purpose of tourism only.
- STV is valid for a single entry into Thailand for a long-term stay for tourism purpose only.
- The validity of STV is 3 months from the date of its issuance.
- Upon entering into Thailand, a stay permit will be granted to the visitor for a maximum period of 90 days. This permit may be extended while the visitor is in Thailand for a maximum of 2 times (twice only) with a maximum validity of 90 days for each extension.
- If the STV holder is found to be in breach of the conditions for entry into Thailand, the stay permit will be revoked immediately and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand.
Required Documents for Special Tourist Visa
1. 1 Completed (TYPED ONLY) visa application form (download)
2. 2 Colored pictures: plain background in passport size.
3. Original passport or travel document.
4. 1 Photocopy of passport or travel document.
5. 1 Photocopy of Residency Permit Card: signed by the applicant (Original Residency Permit Card of the applicant must be presented to the official of the Visa Section when applying for visa).
6. Validity of passport or travel document: should be more than 6 months.
7. Police Clearance Certificate issued less than 3 months which attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Qatar
8. A complete “MEDICAL CERTIFICATE FORM” by licensed doctor (download)
9. Health Insurance certificate covering the entire period of stay in Thailand with the details of coverage as follows:
- In-patient, at least THB 400,000/policy year
- Out-patient, at least THB 40,000/policy year
Please check http://longstay.tgia.org for more information regarding participating Thai insurance companies.
10. One of the following evidences of payment :
- A fully paid hotel reservation for your stay in Thailand issued by the hotel showing the duration of stay, and hotel’s contact details and tax ID number;or
- A fully paid residential lease in Thailand issued by the lessor showing the duration of stay, and the lessor’s contact details and tax ID number; or
- A hire-purchase or mortgage agreement of immovable property (if the payment has been paid less than 2 installments)
one of the following evidence:
- Condominium title deed; or
- Agreement of hire-purchase or mortgage of immovable property with the minimum payment at least 2 installment
11. Original Letter of Certification in English: from the sponsor / company / or relating working organization stating applicant’s salary and allowances. In case from company, please also attach the valid establishment card (computer card) of the company.
12. Proof of relationship (for dependent of the main applicant)
- For the spouse: Marriage certificate
- For the child/children whose age under 20 years old: Birth certificate
Confirmation reservation for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility for a period of 14 days from the date of arrival at his/her own expense. (List of ASQ facilities is available at http://hsscovid.com or https://bit.ly/3iBrmJV
Due to COVID-19 situation, all travellers to Thailand need to obtain the Certificate of Entry (COE) from the Royal Thai Embassy before departure. You may apply for COE after get the visa at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/
Required documents at the airport on departure date:
- Certificate of Entry (COE)
- Valid Visa
- Health insurance or equivalent document
- ASQ confirmation letter
- COVID free certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result, issued no more than 72 hours before departure
- Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate issued no more than 72 hours before departure