Visa application for Nigerian Nationals (Application in person only)
For a Nigerian whose residence is in the State of Qatar, application for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in Doha with requirement Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A in Nigeria which attested by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja . Otherwise, please see below.
1. For a Nigerian whose residence is in Nigeria, application for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria ONLY, with requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (N.D.L.E.A) in Nigeria.
* Please contact for more information at Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria at e-mail: [email protected].
2. For Nigerian whose residence is in countries where no Thai Embassy/ Consulate-General is situated, application for a visa shall be made at the Royal Thai Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria, in person with requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A in Nigeria.
3. For a Nigerian whose residence is in foreign countries where a Thai Embassy is situated or accredited to, application for a visa shall be made in person at the Embassy in that country with requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A in Nigeria.
4. For a Nigerian students studying in a country where a Thai Embassy is situated, application for a visa shall be made at the Embassy or in that country with requirement of Clearance Certificate issued by N.D.L.E.A in Nigeria, provided that the following conditions are met:
- studying in the country
- residing in the country where the applicant studying without leaving from that country for a certain period of one year at the minimum
- holding a re-entry visa to that country
- wishing to travel to Thailand for educational purposes only
5. For a Nigerian holding a diplomatic/official passport, application for a visa shall be made at any Thai Embassy in any country of the applicant’s convenience.
- In addition, the applicant needs to provide the following: - For working or business purposes: Letter from employer/company in Thailand
- For studying or educational purposes: Letter of acceptance from educational institute in Thailand
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages
- Clearance Certificate by NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) in Nigeria, certified by Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalised by Royal Thai Embassy Abuja, Nigeria.
- A confirmed return air ticket / flight information (These can be flight details shown departure date, flight number from Qatar-Thailand and Thailand-Qatar.) You must show all routes if there are stops in between. We will not consider your application if you do not have a return flight details.
- Address in Thailand/Hotel Reservation should be completed on the application forms.
- Letter from school/employer/self assessment 1) If you are working, you are required to submit a letter from your employer. The letter should have the headed paper of the Company stating your current position addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy, Doha to certified your working status and copy of establishment card (Computer card). 2) If you are student, you should submit the letter from the school/University addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy confirming your status.
- A photocopy of current passport / travel document
- A photocopy of Residency Permit Card : signed by the applicant (Original Residency Permit Card of the applicant must be presented to the official of the Visa Section when applying for visa).
- Bank statement in the past three months with a minimum fund of THB 20,000 (approximately QAR 3,000) per person on THB 40,000 (approximately QAR 5,000) per family
Documents in foreign languages must be translated into English and the translation must be certified by the relevant embassy in Doha.